In the previous blogs you might get a chance to read about obesity and their causes, here again, let me give some light on this and will share details about their cause and how to avoid that.
Obesity is nowadays a very common health issue, which is due to having a high Percentage of bad body fat. Body mass index (BMI) is a method used to calculate body fat based on height and weight for adult men and women.
A body mass index (BMI) of 30 or higher is an obesity indicator.
According to WHO in 2014 1.9 billion adults worldwide were overweight and of these 600 million were obese. 13% of the world's adult population were obese in 2014, in which 11% of men and 15% of women.
So here is the main concern if you are near to BMI 30, let's think about how to maintain body fat or how to reduce to normal BMI?
We are trying minimum 5 tips to roll out your body weight or maintain body weight
1. Major chunk is processed foods
- We need to know what they are ?
- How do they affect us?
Processed food is any food that has been altered; unhealthy foods are unhealthy, ultra processed food has been changed their natural form & are least healthy.
What are they unhealthy ?
- Added Fat
- Added Sugar
- Refined grains
- Low nutritional value
- Low in Fiber
- High calorie density
- Contains saturated & Trans fat
Ex of processed foods: Desserts and chips, Sugary beverages, Fast food, Deli meats, Frozen entrees etc.
2. Increase your physical activity
Exercise and Physical activity Powering your metabolism, When muscles contract they release chemicals that are called myokines, and Myokines influence our metabolism as well as heart, muscle, fat, brain, liver and other organs.
Exercise helps in balancing hormones, Following hormones are affected by exercises
- Dopamine: Decrease depression & stress
- Serotonin: Promote good nights rest
- Testosterone: Testosterone levels impact role in weight management as man age increases testosterone level goes down and he starts weight gaining. Testosterone direct linking with Muscle mass, strength, sex drive, and sperm count.
- Estrogen: The symptoms of menopause are in part driven by the imbalance and decline of estrogen. One way to battle this is to exercise.
3. Stress & Weight Management
Stress is another blender of weight loss, whenever we feel low, we eat comfort food, like ice cream, pizza, sweet coffee which is high in calorie and low in fiber.
When we eat food, we feel stress is released, study found in stress like breakup with loved one or work pressure cause overeating in females and causes weight gain compared to males.
- Stress drives us to eat comfort food to sooth negative feelings & chemically dial down our stress response.
- Stress hormones lead to an accumulation of body fat which releases chemicals that causes inflammation and insulin resistance, leading to further weight gain.
- Stress triggers can be external (Related to job, Relationships or major life change) or internal (Challenges to health or metabolic well being).
- Stress is part of life, we can't always change the situation that causes stress, by recognizing triggers you can become better at responding to stress.
- Managing stress is an integral part of controlling weight.
4. Sleep management
Sleep is the most often, neglected factor in weight management. Sleep has a major role in weight management along with diet and exercise.
There are several reasons for listed to understand sleep role
- It’s a ferocious cycle that can be hard to escape. Poor sleep can lead to weight gain, which can cause sleep quality to decrease even further
- Impact of sleep on two important hunger hormones, ghrelin (hunger hormone) and leptin.
- Poor Sleep Can Increase Your Calorie Intake.
- Poor Sleep May Decrease Your Resting Metabolism.
- Sleep Can Enhance Physical Activity
- It Helps Prevent Insulin Resistance
5. Cutdown screen time
Technology is good, till you use wisely, otherwise, severe impacts are there.
When you spend a lot of time on your mobile/tablet/laptop or Television. You will get less time for physical activities. And less physical activity means less calorie burn.
fat | OvereatingBest Vegan Gummies For Weight Loss.